How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EULawyer Your Own Question
EULawyer, Lawyer
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 249
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
Type Your French Law Question Here...
EULawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Madam; my daughter is an Indian by birth; she got married to

Customer Question

hello sir/madam;
my daughter is an Indian by birth; she got married to a naturalized french citizen about 9 years ago. she has a baby of 7 years; she is being tortured by her husband and his immediate family members, as she is alone in france with no immediate family to support.
My daughter is a working in france; speaks fluent french; working for an auditing firm in paris.
Due to continuous torture directly or indirectly, her health is deteriorating; Her husband has been charging her more than 90 per cent of her salary as expenses without even making any legal separation agreement for the past five years.
How can she get rid of this torture and this person without losing her son?
Please be kind enough to answer this query;
I am her concerned father from India and restless to settle to the issue.
God bless you for your help and any kind assistance in this regard.
A sad father...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: French Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The family background of my son in law is that his elder brother also got married to an Indian girl, had a son and later after eight years, he divorced her; He is keeping the son in france and the girl left for India.His younger sister is another divorcee in only 3 months of marriage; his uncle also divorced his wife & she lives in pakistan now. His one aunt also divorcee.My daughter's husband always ignores her, ignore his own son and talks all rubbish infront of my daughter about her, her family members, threatening with separation/divorce talks; but does not come forward to implement this. With these prevailing situation my daughter is frustrated and her is health is at very high risk and getting deteriorated every single moment she spends with this fellow.Kindly take into account all factors and reply as soon as possible. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EULawyer replied 12 months ago.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question. I am very sorry for your daughter's situation, but hope my answer helps. The good thing in France is that women's rights are extremely well regarded (maybe one of the best countries in the world from this point of view), and from the point she will start official proceedings, she will be protected by the law.

The steps to take are as follows:

1. It is important to have informal help. If there are no local friends, then the best would be to look on this site ( for the local women's protection association. They provide advice, shelter, good listeners, immediate financial aid if needed, as well as knowing the local social workers who will be essential in the resolution of the case;

2. Then she should also contact a local attorney where she lives, specialized in family law. Going through the divorce custody and process can be done alone, but I would not recommend it, because of the bureaucracy and the psychological pressure that her husband will certainly place over her. It is better to have a qualified legal help;

3. Based on the situation you have described, she has several rights:

-> to obtain a divorce;

-> to obtain the restitution of expenses made by her husband without her will;

-> to obtain compensation for the pain and suffering he has caused;

-> to obtain main custody (he would however keep some rights to major decisions regarding the child, unless he has been abusive towards the child).

Her citizenship status would not be affected in any way by this.

4. Even from the moment she files the claim, she can also ask the court to forbid temporarily the husband's access to their home (not respecting such an order is a crime), if she can prove (mostly with witnesses) that he is abusive / threatening.

One reason to appeal to the women's aid association is also to have the child under constant supervision, so that the husband cannot kidnap the child and threaten her like that. Bringing back kidnapped children, especially from abroad, is extremely hard (I know of countless sad cases). It is also very important that she places a Judicial Opposition to Travel (information here: for her child, so that the child would be automatically stopped at the border if the father tries to leave the country without the mother's consent.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.


Dr I L Vlad