How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your French Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do have a court order telling me to pay 30K towards my

Customer Question

I do have a court order telling me to pay 30K towards my ex-wife's legal expenseThe judge did not look at my means available and I simply do not have the money.What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Do you know why this was ordered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
25% contribution to her legal cost because judge felt i contributed to her incurring the expenseI am appealing
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you are appealing, you can ask the Judge to stay the order for you to pay. However, a motion can always be filed, to reconsider and/or modify the amount ordered, if you can show that you do not have the ability to pay and the hardship it will cause. Of course, you will need to overcome the issue with the Judges opinion that you contributed to her incurring the expense, so you would need to show and support that this was through no fault of your own and she incurred this as a result of her actions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this motion take the form of an application - if so what form number? (UK)
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Great to hear back from you. I see this is from the UK, as that was not listed initially and I thought this was in the United States. As such, please allow me to opt out and another expert can answer this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i allow u to opt out?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Have you appealed the costs as well