French Law

Have French Law Questions? Ask an French Lawyer Now.

French Law

I do have a court order telling me to pay 30K towards my

Customer Question
ex-wife's legal expenseThe judge did...
I do have a court order telling me to pay 30K towards my ex-wife's legal expenseThe judge did not look at my means available and I simply do not have the money.What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: French Law
7/6/2016
Barrister: CriminalDefense,
 replied 1 year ago
CriminalDefense

Good morning. Do you know why this was ordered?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
25% contribution to her legal cost because judge felt i contributed to her incurring the expenseI am appealing
Barrister: CriminalDefense,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you. If you are appealing, you can ask the Judge to stay the order for you to pay. However, a motion can always be filed, to reconsider and/or modify the amount ordered, if you can show that you do not have the ability to pay and the hardship it will cause. Of course, you will need to overcome the issue with the Judges opinion that you contributed to her incurring the expense, so you would need to show and support that this was through no fault of your own and she incurred this as a result of her actions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does this motion take the form of an application - if so what form number? (UK)
Barrister: CriminalDefense,
 replied 1 year ago

Great to hear back from you. I see this is from the UK, as that was not listed initially and I thought this was in the United States. As such, please allow me to opt out and another expert can answer this for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i allow u to opt out?
Barrister: Clare, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Have you appealed the costs as well

Clare
Clare
Clare, Solicitor