How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a brother that passed away 2 years ago now. We are

Customer Question

Hello, I have a brother that passed away 2 years ago now. We are having trouble getting an agreement on the will. It is taking a very long time. The other party is using a UK based lawyer and we have had no contact. We need a french lawyer to help as I think there is a lack of understanding of french law around estates. My family and I just want a fair resolution so we can go on. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry for your loss and the trouble with the estate process. The JustAnswer terms of service prohibit an attorney-client relationship from forming here. As such, as I am quite profficient with French estate law, I can reply to any practical and legal questions you may have within this or other questions (to note, I have not seen your previous question on the European Law interface, to which I have access). If you just need a database of French lawyers, please tell me to point you in the right direction. I would also be happy to answer your previous question if you copy it here.

From your question, I assume that the estate is dealt with in France, and French material law is applied. But just to be sure, I would need to know where was the last habitual residence of your brother.

I look forward to helping you with French law advice.


Dr Ioan-Luca Vlad