How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife & I own an Chalet apartment in Morzine France, we

Customer Question

My wife & I own an Chalet apartment in Morzine France, we wish to transfer ownership to our son, what is the procedure
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 2 years ago.

You have to have a notaire modify the deeds of ownership. The cost will vary depending on where your son resides (France or not?) and where your reside. There may be gift tax to pay.

In any case deed transfer fees and tax will amount to about 5% of the market value.