How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to buy a property in France under construction

Customer Question

I would like to buy a property in France under construction (acheter dans le neuf) and register it in the name of my 3 yr old daughter. The property will be ready in 2017. I don't live or work in France. Is that possible?
I haven't appointed a notaire for this yet but I am close to reserving the property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 1 year ago.

This will be a gift to your daughter. Depending on how you organize this with the notaire, and on the price of the property, there may be gift tax to pay... One suggest you contact the notaire as early as possible with all details to organize this transaction efficiently, from a tax point of view.