How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a property in France and my accountant has made an error

Customer Question

I own a property in France and my accountant has made an error in my French income tax return for this year, and has not entered into system my carried forward losses from previous years (up to 10 years I believe can be carried forward.).
How much time can elapse before a correction is not allowed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: French Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The previous years tax return in 2014 and "avis d'impot" in August 2014 had correctly captured the carried forward losses from previous years. This was done by the prevous accountant who has now retired.
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 2 years ago.
Losses on a property can be carried forward up to 10 years unless contested by the tax administration. You need request your accountant to send in a corrected return which he can do during 3 years. If you suffer any cost from this mistake it should be compensated by the accountant's compulsory professional liability insurance.