How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T Perrin C Your Own Question
T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
Type Your French Law Question Here...
T Perrin C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are Australian and arrived in France 3 months

Customer Question

my husband and I are Australian and arrived in France 3 months a 1 week ago without a visa. We have purchased a house and intend to retire in France. Is there any way we can apply for a visa without going back to Australia?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 2 years ago.
No, since you wish to reside in France, you need to apply for a long-stay visa from your country of residency before coming to France. One would suggest you leave France (and the Schengen Treaty member countries) ASAP. The longer you overstay the 90 days visa waiver period, the more difficulty you will have to obtain a long-stay visa. You may even face a ban which would mean you could not enter any of the 28 Schengen countries for 6, 12, 18 or 36 months, even for a short stay.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.