How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Could you advise how we are able to lodge a formal complaint

Customer Question

Hi - could you advise how we are able to lodge a formal complaint against a French Avocat on the grounds of poor service? We are based in the UK and the Avocat is in Montpellier, Herault? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 2 years ago.
If you believe an avocat in Montpellier has been negligent or charged legal fees unduly, you should take the matter to the head of the Montpellier bar (M. le batonnier, Barreau de Montpellier, Maison des avocats - 14 Rue Marcel de Serres - CS 49503 - 34961 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 2) who has disciplinary powers over lawyers practicing within his jurisdiction. Then you may sue the lawyer in court to obtain compensation, if this poor service caused you harm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your response. We have been waiting on update from a judgement regarding a property matter, and despite this having been made some moths ago, and constantly chasing for an update, have still not received a firm response on the matter. Should we require to proceed further, we may need your further advice. Many thanks. Jon Tancock
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. Please do not forget to rate my answer.