How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T Perrin C Your Own Question
T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
Type Your French Law Question Here...
T Perrin C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I am currently in the process of buying a property in

Customer Question


I am currently in the process of buying a property in the vienne region. All the searches have been done and I have paid all the money to the notaire and we should have signed the acte of deed yesterday. There has been a hold up as the notaire is still waiting for some information from the vendors creditors. SAFER is involved in the transaction and in August we signed a 'bail' greement with SAFER and the notaire has told me this gives me the right to move into the property before the completion of the sale. However the vendor will not move out. At the initial signing of the compromis the notaire told me that the 2nd of September would be the very latest for completion so I have made all my arrangements for the 7th September. I need to move into the property and have offered the vendor the use of a gite in the interim but she is adament that she wont move out, what is my position to taking occupation of the main property?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not recieved an answer to the question yet.

This is time sensitive as I finish work tomorrow and leave for France on Friday

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. I have marked your question as high priority, which alerts Experts that you need an answer quickly. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 3 years ago.
Before the deeds are indeed signed, you are not the owner of the property and the seller still is. The money has not been transferred to her and she is still entitled to remain on the property.
SAFER is usually involved only for what concerns farmed land.
You only hope is for the notaire to obtain the necessary information from the seller's creditors in time (which is necessary because, if the property is mortgaged, in full or partially, the creditors need agree to the sale. Otherwise it might be cancelled).