How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A Paris lawyer who was representing me in relation to my flat,

Customer Question

A Paris lawyer who was representing me in relation to my flat, gave my documents to another lawyer whom he believed to be representing me for another matter - I think under the criminal code - in which my lawyer was mistaken. He will not admit what he did or tell me who the other lawyer was.
How can I make him divulge the infomation?
The result for me was the near total destruction of my life, including physical and mental damage to myself, being prevented from working since believed to be someone else, and the loss of my flat for which I had an agreement to buy (amongst other damage).
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wendy,


Back where we started from ... I asked this question before, and no-one answered, although if you have French lawyers amongst your experts they must know the answer since it depends from their code of behaviour which they know well, and know who determines whether or not they are at fault, etc. - therefore I'm amazaed that, for a second time, I don't have an answer.

ALTHOUGH yesterday was a public holiday in France and many take a long weekend, go on holiday now anyway;
It was your colleague's idea that I close the previous question then ask it again slightly differently (as now). The future well-being of my life depends on discovering how to proceed, and I've tried everyone else without success. Please help me!!!

Trusting you - thanks.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,