How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T Perrin C Your Own Question
T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
Type Your French Law Question Here...
T Perrin C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, i have a holiday cottage (gite) which i rent out during

Customer Question

Hi, i have a holiday cottage (gite) which i rent out during the summer. I need to replace a window in one of the first floor bedrooms, and i need to know whether this window can be used as an escape route (ie fully opened to climb out). I'm considering two kinds of pvc double glazing.. one which opens only at the top, and one which fully opens sideways. Do i need the sideways one by law, or can I use the top opening one? If i do need the sideways one by law, is there a minimum opening dimension to allow someone to climb out?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will wait for another 24 hrs thanks Wendy

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 4 years ago.
As these matters obey to local planning rules - you cannot choose any type of window you like in any place, one would suggest you take the matter to a local architect.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this is not to do with the aesthetics of the window, rather the opening functionality. in the UK, building regulations dictate the 'law' regarding how windows should function in different locations around a property at a national level, are you suggesting that health and safety requirements differ from one region to the next in France? can you point me to somewhere that confirms that?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

see my previous reply

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i'd like someone else to help. T Perrin C seems to have lost interest
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cancel the question please, it's been too long.