How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are British nationals expatriated since 1992 in Egypt. We

Customer Question

We are British nationals expatriated since 1992 in Egypt. We bought a flat in Paris in 1989, when I was employed by a French corporation in Paris. In 1992, I was given a "mutation professionelle" in Egypt, until 1997, when I became self-employed. Is it true that the 3 years during which we occupied the flat (1989 - 1992), as well as the period of expatriation by a French employer, can be used to escape French capital gains tax on the sale of the flat in 2013?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, I have paid you €54 for a legal opinion, so no - I do not want to close the question. I hope you will provide me with an answer shortly.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
We will search for a legal professional for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

€54, just for a search? I can walk into a notaire's office off the street. Have I just been scammed?

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. To better serve you, I will forward your questions to Customer Service where a representative will contact you via email.

Sometimes, finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,