T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

hello.are there any laws regarding child safety in regard

hello.
are there any laws regarding child safety in regard to windows?
should windows on 1st floors and up come with either windows guards or shutters?

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello.

did someone reply?

i stayed in a hotel at Il De Re recently. i had to leave as the children's room, on the 1st floor, at a window without bars or shutters. it wasn't safe for my 2 boys.

is there a law in France regarding window saftey?

thank you.

Sally

No there are no such regulations except for new commercial buildings and premises designed specifically for children (kindergartens, preschools, schools, recreation centres,...).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so a child's room in a hotel does not count? even though it is designed specifically for children?

If it is advertised specifically for children without their parents or adults, safety standards would apply otherwise no.
Experience: 8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)