How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A.Valcke Your Own Question
A.Valcke, Solicitor
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 740
Experience:  Lawyer with Maîtrise en droit & Licence spéciale en droit européen.
Type Your French Law Question Here...
A.Valcke is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am US citizen traveling to Paris with a friend. Do I need

This answer was rated:

I am US citizen traveling to Paris with a friend. Do I need a medical power of attorney for her to make decisions for me if I can not?
Thank you for your question.

If you have a condition that means you may not be able to make conscious decisions and want your friend to make these decisions for you, then I would recommend that you obtain such a medical power of attorney.

Without a medical PoA in place, your friend will not be able to take those decisions on your behalf.

I also recommend that you obtain a French translation of the PoA and that you have both the PoA and translation notarized.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards

A. Valcke
A.Valcke and other French Law Specialists are ready to help you