TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

Is it possible to oblige a French lawyer to disclose information,

Customer Question

Is it possible to oblige a French lawyer to disclose information, against his will?
A Paris lawyer, supposedly defending me in the proceedings relating to my flat, gave my files (which I had left with him) to another lawyer acting in another matter, and supposedly defending me. The first lawyer didn't discuss it with me, or ask my permission, has never given me an explanation nor told me the name of the other lawyer. However, he did ask me to go to his office some months after the first Appeal decision over my flat, asked me to decline my lineage to several generations, then said there had been a mistake. I learned nothing more, but trusted him since many years previously he had defended me correctly. I think the second hearing, at which I was not present, know nothing of the subject, resulted in a decision of March 2003 in Paris, which I was unable to obtain.

Is it possible to oblige the Parquet or the Police, in Paris, to give myself or a lawyer, the information about the above? which they have and I do not.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Wendy, I'll wait, thanks. Been trying to get help with this problem for several years, so not in such a hurry - but I really need answers.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not wish to cancel - I've needed the answers for a long time and not been able to obtain them elsewhere - thank you for helping.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience while we continue our search.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Fran, very surprised to be asked for "Feedback" on this question since you haven't yet found anyone able or willing to reply to me.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Cars, Medical, Law, and Computer to Home Improvement, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I really need advice to get my life back. If I change the question somewhat might you be able to find someone to begin giving me answers?

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

If you want to try changing the question, a professional might be able to help you. You would have better results if we closed this question and you started a new one. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thank you again for your patience.

Regards,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, let's close it, and I'll try again. Thanks for your patience.