TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

Is it mandatory to have a tenancy agreement for location meublé&

Customer Question

Is it mandatory to have a tenancy agreement for 'location meublé' or saissonaire written in French or can it be in English if it is between two English speaking parties?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Fran,

No, I have not had a reply, let alone an answer, so you cannot close the question.

My question is very straightforward. Is it legally necessary to have a tenancy agreement (bail) drawn up in French for it to be valid in the French courts?

Please aswer the question before you ask me if I am satisfied. Thank you.

Regards, Anne

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Anne,

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.