How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T Perrin C Your Own Question
T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
Type Your French Law Question Here...
T Perrin C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just worked casually and am owed 900 euros, he is refusing

Customer Question

I have just worked casually and am owed 900 euros, he is refusing to pay after a month now, how do I stand legally? and should I have had a contract?

Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 4 years ago.
Unless you are officially registered as a company or as an individual tradesman, you need to check whether your employer has declared your employment with URSSAF and filled a DUE. If you do not have a written employment contract you can claim you have a full time unlimited contract (CDI) as all verbal, or non-written contract are, by law. If you are not paid what you are owed and your employment was not declared to URSSAF (and contribution paid) you can take your claim to the local Conseil de Prud'hommes (Industrial Tribunal) and have your employer condemned to pay you what you are owed.