How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T Perrin C Your Own Question
T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
Type Your French Law Question Here...
T Perrin C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Immigration to France

Customer Question

Im a 27 years old Yemeni citizen. i have obtained my Batcholar degree in law from Yemen (Sana'a) and my master degree in law from Paris. I had three years of experience with french company (Total) in Yemen. now i work for canadian company. Mainly, I would like to go back to France and settle there and apply for citizenship. what is my best option / options and what is the process and cost? Otherwise, I would like to immigrate to an advisable country provided that its; 1- English speaking 2- Strong economy and law unemployment rate; and 3- Simply processed

In the second case, immigrate to a country other than France, what is my best option /  options and what is the process / cost.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 4 years ago.
You can apply for residency in France if you find an employer who offers you a job before you leave Yemen. This employer will have to contact his local DIRRECTE (Office of the Ministry of Labour) to obtain the authorization to employ a non-EU citizen. He will have to prove that to fulfill the position he plans on offering you, he has not found a skilled EU citizen. This may take some time and you need to have very specific skills interesting an employer as this process is rather tedious and much more complicated than recruiting locally.
Then when the employer has obtained the permission to offer you a job, you must apply for a long stay work visa at your local French Consulate General. It will be granted to you after a security vetting. It will give the right to live and work in France for one year. You will have to renew your residence permit every year. After five years of continuous stay in France, you can apply for French citizenship.
As for your other question, strong economies and low unemployment rates are not really common in Europe these days. You should look at the US, Canada, Australia where the situation is somewhat less gloomy.