How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 831
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in the USA. We raised our grandchild until she was

This answer was rated:

We live in the USA. We raised our grandchild until she was 4yo. Her mother showed up and took her to France where she married a French citizen. She is keeping us from communicating with our grandchild. Do I have any rights here?

TKenney, Ph.D. :

Hello, In French law, grandparents have visitation rights to grandchildren and parents can not prevent their children from having family relation with their grand parents. So, yes, you have rights. You must contact a French family court judge.

TKenney, Ph.D. and other French Law Specialists are ready to help you