How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 831
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a BIG problem with my neighbors. For the last 6 months

Customer Question

I have a BIG problem with my neighbors. For the last 6 months (since November 27th 2012) there has been many issues concerning noise pollution music TV (every night), mess (human & animal), rubbish, fighting etc etc. I have called the police maybe 50 times, I have made 'main courant' & 'porter plainte', I have had three meetings with the Mairie Lambersart (conciliator) with 11 of my neighbors. I am the house owner and discovered that it is a social house rented to them by CalPact in Lille. I have maybe more than 100 emails to the social agency. No one will do anything...... I am at my wits end. No one will take responsibility for these people. The tenant is now in hospital dying of lung cancer leaving 2 (he has 5) of his children alone. One has serious mental health issues and is a danger to herself and other people. I feel my health and life is in danger and no one will help.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  TKenney, Ph.D. replied 4 years ago.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

Hello, Yes, after all youv"e done it appears as if no one wants to take the initiative to put an end to the disturbance of which you are a victim.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

You wrote that you filed a criminal complaint (porter plainte). Normally, you should receive a letter informing you of the statuts of your complaint (whether or not the complaint is being investigated of if the complaint was at a dead end and clasified (in French: "classée sans suite"). You can always contact the PARQUET (of the Procureur de la République) of your district to see if the investigation is going on or not. If your complaint was classified, then the only thing that you can do is file a criminal complaint before the French prosecuting judge (porter plainte avec constitution de partie civile devant le Doyen des juges d'instruction). You will have to pay a refundable deposit and after the payment of this deposit, the French juge d'instruction will have to investigate the case and determine if there is enough elements/evidence to make a conviction or not. This can take some time.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

If there is enough evidence to make a conviction, the prosecuting judge (juge d'instruction) will render a court order ordering the defendant to be sent before the local Criminal court to be judged.