How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask T Perrin C Your Own Question
T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
Type Your French Law Question Here...
T Perrin C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

sadly after i sent this question, my son ran away from home

This answer was rated:

sadly after i sent this question, my son ran away from home to be with his girlfriend, he is now back with us but she has made up lies about us stating we are abusive and violent toward him, we are now trying to find out if there is a way we can make a complaint against her, and even get the to stop seeing each other as she has told him she is trying to get pregnant, regardless of the law, my son is 15 on prozac after having an illness which almost cost him his life, and she is trying to take advantage, i need to protect my son from making a huge life long mistake, she is taking advantage of his position in life (finance) and taking advantage of the fact he is not well health wise and very fragile/faible, this could end up catastrophic.
Thanks Claire Mc
I am sorry but, as harsh as it may seem, your son is (legally) free to have a sexual life (and even impregnate a woman) of his own provided the adults he has intercourse with do not hold a position of authority... A beholder of parental authority may simply restrain the child (teenager)'s authorization to leave home and meet his/her partner, but with very little means to actually enforce this as you cannot imprison your son. If you believe that he is very vulnerable you can have him assessed by a court approved psychiatrist in order to have special protective measures taken.
Should you wish to explore this option, one would suggest you consult a lawyer who will guide you through the procedure. Yet you must know that it is quite long and can be quite traumatic for the child as it usually implies many clinical assessments. But, as of now, based on the information above, your son is above sexual majority age, and you have no legal grounds against his girlfriend. Sorry.
T Perrin C and other French Law Specialists are ready to help you