How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 831
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A foreign woman with a 6 year old daughter from a previous

This answer was rated:

A foreign woman with a 6 year old daughter from a previous marriage (the daughter is attending french scolarity) married to a french national, where the foreign woman is being morally abused seeks a divorce. She has a carte de sejour in france. Can she reside in france and have her daughter continue french education?

TKenney, Ph.D. :

Yes, she can stay in France during and after the divorce. She must file criminal complaints about the abuse and get medical documents to back it up.


How about her daughter? Will she be allowed to continue her educaton in France? Will she (the wife) get an allimony from her husband?

TKenney, Ph.D. :

Yes, her daughter will be able to continue her education in France. That is not a problem. Whether or not the wife gets an allimony will depend on the Court decision. The French judge will make that decision.

TKenney, Ph.D. and other French Law Specialists are ready to help you