French Law

Have French Law Questions? Ask an French Lawyer Now.

French Law

Is there any way of transfering ownership of a property in…

Customer Question
Is there any way of...
Is there any way of transfering ownership of a property in France without paying 55 - 60% tax. The property would be transfered by a British national living in France (no spouse, no children) to a British national living in the UK. We are related but not closely (distant cousins)
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: French Law
3/23/2011
Barrister: TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour) replied 6 years ago
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)

TKenney, Ph.D. :

You can create a civil real estate company, called a SCI (Société civile Immobilière). In a SCI, each party would have a shares and the transfer of the shares is about 5.5%. Contact a lawyer for more information.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

I hope I answered your question. If so please do not forget to press the green ACCEPT button, otherwise I shall not get any credit for my work. I will be happy to answer any follow-up question you might have afterward.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

Hello, please do not forget to press the green ACCEPT button, otherwise I shall not get any credit for my work. I will be happy to answer any follow-up question you might have afterward.

TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D.