French Law

Have French law questions? Ask a French lawyer now.

Hi there, My partner and her husband lived in france for 4…

Hi there, My partner and her...
Hi there,
My partner and her husband lived in france for 4 years before she came back home to live and susequently is now with myself.
Our question is: Can she if need be force him to sell the jointly owned property in France.
The property is now for sale in 2 lots and hopefully this will be done amicably but there again it may not, as her husband still lives in the house. If say for instance one lot sells and pays off the mortgage he may decide to make things difficult and stay put.
If this does happen can she force a sale??
Kind Regards
Andrew
3/21/2011
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)

TKenney, Ph.D. :

Can she if need be force him to sell the jointly owned property in France?

Only after the marriage can the jointly owned be divided. While the couple is married, there can not be any forced sale of jointly owned property.

Customer:

Thank you very much for your help, we have a few other questions to ask so will be back in touch

Customer:

Regards

Customer:

Andrew

TKenney, Ph.D.