French Law

Have French law questions? Ask a French lawyer now.

What is the procedure if a Landlord wishes to gain access to…

Customer Question
What is the procedure if...
What is the procedure if a Landlord wishes to gain access to carry out an inspection of a property and repairs to the property. Are they required to give a certain period of notice and does this have to be in letter format?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: French Law
3/9/2011
Barrister: TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour) replied 7 years ago
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)

TKenney, Ph.D. :

You must read what is written in your rent aggreement.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

If your rent aggrement does not provifde such a visit, then the Landlord has no rights. You are in your home, and the landlord has no right to be there to carry out an inspection.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

You are to benefit from a quiet and peacful enjoyment.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

However, if the visit of the Landlord is to make major repairs to the property and to improve the property, you have to let the landlord in (you can not refuse).

TKenney, Ph.D. :

There is no right or wrong format. You and the Landlord must come to an agreement.

TKenney, Ph.D. :

You must read what was agreed in you rent agreement.

TKenney, Ph.D.