Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I don't have any tail lights, brake lights or blinkers on…

I don't have any...

I don't have any tail lights, brake lights or blinkers on the rear

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your brake lights? Do they flicker at all?

No, at first rh blinker wouldn't work then did for 2days then quit. I took the plug by the spare tire to clean it with electrical cleaner now nothing works. Fuses are good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Ford?

2011 F250

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford F250 Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

All I can think of other than were traveling in Alaska with watered gravel Rd with mag- cloride

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is any one there
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2022
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 month ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am here to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your vehicle. I will do my best to give you the correct answer. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more details about your problem. While you are waiting for me to respond, I am looking up the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams needed to answer your concerns.

The website will prompt a phone call automatically, not me. So please don't let this automatic service prompt annoy you. If you prefer to talk versus type, please use the phone call option

Are all the lights in the rear of the vehicle out.

Tag lights, parking lights, brake lights, turn signals and back up lights?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Back up haven't worked for some time. No biggy.

OK. Do you have a digital multimeter to do a few electrical tests?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trouble is we are at dinner out now

No problem. I will be online till 10:30 PM CST tonight. I live in Alabama.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My camper trailer has tail and turn signal but not the pickup.

OK, that is telling me we have a wiring issue. The rear lights use the same fuses and circuits as the trailer connector.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok ! I'm in Alaska now so I'll text before 10 30 c

OK. I lived in Anchorage back in the early 1970's with my parent. my dad was Air Force. He was stationed at 

Elmendorf Air Force Base.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cool! Our grandson is Army in Fairbanks. We're in Palmer now.
Ok, I'm ready to go.
Thank your son for his service. 

Locate this connector on the rear of the vehicle on the left side near the bumper.

The rear tail lights go through this connector, the trailer wiring does not.

Check the connector for corrosion and pushed out pins.

Also check for any wiring splices that are not factory, especially for trailer harness if it is not factory.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
done all that several times. every thing is factory wired. fuse are good. checked them twice.

OK, at that connector, check for power on pin 16, the GRAY/BROWN striped wire, with the brake lights on.

And do the same on pin 1, the VIOLET/ORANGE striped wire.

Check on both sides of the connector.

Below are the wiring diagrams.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing there. checked it couple times. catch you in the am. your bedtime .very poor internet here in a campground.

OK. Check the wiring down the frame if you have no power on those wires at the connector.

Goodnight.

A. Penland
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't see anything abnormal with the wiring along the frame on my F 250 with no tail or signal lights

There is another wiring connector which is under the hood on the drivers side inner fenderwell. It will look just like the other connector. Below is the diagram of the connector. Check the GRAY/BROWN striped wire which is pin 16 and the VIOLET/ORANGE striped wire in pin 8.

Also pin 1 with the YELLOW/BLUE striped wire in that same connector is for the rear parking lights.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Found the problem
Very poor connection by the spare tire. I need to tighten the contacts up.Thankyou!

You are very welcome. Thank you for the update.