Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 ford escape 1.6L ecoboost. 159,000 miles.

Changed turbo, timing belt, accessory...
I have a 2014 ford escape 1.6L ecoboost. 159,000 miles. Changed turbo, timing belt, accessory belt and the associated parts (idler pulley and tensioners, water pump). All was done according to the repair manual with ford specs. Car started right up but idles high, starting at 1000 rpm and as it goes to operating temperature it increases to about 2000 rpm. It drives well but when on a stop and on D or R, the car is unsteady with rpms, reaching a low 500 and fluctuates between 800 and 500. I was reading on the manual that after changing parts related to timing a misfire monitor neutral position procedure should be done. I don't know if that would cause the issue. I checked for vacumm leaks and couldn't find any. No check engine light
6/25/2022
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 month ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am here to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your vehicle. I will do my best to give you the correct answer. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more details about your problem. While you are waiting for me to respond, I am looking up the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams needed to answer your concerns.

The website will prompt a phone call automatically, not me. So please don't let this automatic service prompt annoy you. If you prefer to talk versus type, please use the phone call option

The misfire monitor relearn is done with a scan tool so the PCM (Engine Computer) can relearn where cylinder #1 is. It may be the cause of your idling problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see. I have a scan tool but it isn't capable of performing that function. I will have to take it to ford and see if they are willing to perform the service

They should. Just tell them what you did and that you only need the miss fire monitor relearn done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. Hopefully this will solve the problem

You're very welcome. Please keep me informed if you need more help with this. Just reply back on this page.

A. Penland