Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shift system fault. 2018 no leaking. Never had a problem.

Customer Question
Shift system fault Mechanic's...

Shift system fault

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

2018 no leaking. Never had a problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 Ford?

SE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying, not mechanical. Not sure what to do. Just backed out of a parking spot then it would go into drive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No, I’ve never had any problems with this car bought it brand new in 18

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/25/2021
Ford Mechanic: Jake, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Auto Mechanic

Hey there, my name is Jake.
thanks for reaching out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

you still stuck in the parking lot?

So does the shifter move freely and the gears not change? or are you saying the gear shifter won't actually move?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gear shifter move, but then it automatically reverts back to park.

what model ford is this? a fusion? edge?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FusionSE

thanks, ***** ***** shifter is moving but it's not actually changing gears. Then either the shift cable had came loose or the TRCM is faulty.

there is a bushing on the transmission side of the linkage that comes apart.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get to that?What side is the transmission on?

drivers

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you send me a picture? Do I get to it from the top or underneath the car?

shop be the top, under hood, remove intake air.

look down beneath the battery tray and see if you can see it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you it came unhooked. Got it back on the road.

fantastic, sorry just seen this response been out of pocket a few days!