Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We just get 2017 Ford Edge and it was running good on

Customer Question
We just get 2017...

We just get 2017 Ford Edge and it was running good on freeway and all settle it just went out on us and now it won’t start?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had problems starting the vehicle? Do any lights still turn on?

First all the light came on when it went out on us. It look like we hit uneven road on freeway that when it went out on us

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2017 Ford Edge?

62,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I just need to know how to restart it or need something to be done?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/24/2021
Ford Mechanic: Ian Crabtree,
 replied 1 year ago
Ian Crabtree

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** am I assisting please Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vehicle but I am here to help. The system will automatically offer a phone call but I'm unable to take calls at this time. One moment while I review the information. Regards Ian

Ford Mechanic: Ian Crabtree,
 replied 1 year ago

It is possible it is the fuel pump or fuel pump relay has gone faulty if you can not hear the fuel pump running when you crank the vehicle it will most likely be a faulty fuel pump or fuwel pump relay you can check the fuse for the fuel puimp incas that has blown and to check the relay try swap it for another if the pins are the same the relay is# ***** in the Power distribution box.

Here is a link to the fuse box diagram to help you locate it

https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-edge-2015-2018-fuses-and-relay