Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio and screen stopped working on my 2018 mustang eco

Radio and screen stopped...

Radio and screen stopped working on my 2018 mustang eco boost

Mechanic's Assistant: Did just the device lose power? Have you tried a hard reset?

No been off for about a week, did a hard reset and it turned for about 30 mins and has not turned back on since

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2018 Mustang?

None of the USB ports work either 37k

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No ty

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2021
Ford Mechanic: John M.,
 replied 1 year ago
John M.
Hello, my name is***** you for using Just Answer. It will be my pleasure to assist you today.When did the radio screen quit working?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
helloabout a week agoI did a reset by unplugging the battery, it worked for about 30 min then did not work anymore. The SYNC software has not been updated since 2018 but I tried to do through a usb and wifi and it would not let me update
Ford Mechanic: John M.,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok, I had the same issue with my Focus ST. I ended up having to take it to Ford to have them update it. After that it worked for about a week and then died again. They ended up replacing it under warranty. Is your car still under warranty by chance?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is not under warranty anymore, I am at 37k mileare you still there
Ford Mechanic: John M.,
 replied 1 year ago
Yup still here. Have you tried holding the power button and the next button at the same time until the pony appears twice?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it did nothing
Ford Mechanic: John M.,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok, the next step would be to check the connection between the radio and the harness. There’s a plug in the back of the radio that has 8 or 9 wires running into it. Are you able to take the radio out of the dash to check the connection?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can tryI looked at video on how to remove it and I think I may have to have my husband do it
Ford Mechanic: John M.,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok, that would be next. If you don’t want to do that and you don’t want to go to the dealer any local stereo shop will be able to help diagnose that as well. With my personal experience, I ended up having to replace it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay, thank you for your help
Ford Mechanic: John M.,
 replied 1 year ago
Of course. Please let me know how everything turns out and if I can be of any further assistance.
John M.