Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 94 F-450 7.5 I changed it from fuel injection 2…

I have a 94...

I have a 94 F-450 7.5 I changed it from fuel injection 2 carburetion to get rid of a smog s*** on that motor anyway I used the old brain to a carbureted engine I change distributors and used a electronic instead of computer but I had to use part of an old wire harness so the distributor would plug in it went from a five wire plug to a three wire plug and I have no fire what is wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

I thought I was talking to a person not a f****** computer the vehicle doesn't start I have no fire

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '94 car?

Ford F-450 with a 7.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes always have for the last 45 years

11/15/2020
Ford Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
R Clark
Hello my name is ***** ***** to Justanswer. I will be the expert helping you today.What year did the distributor come from and what ignition module did you use?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
85 or 6 I use the ignition module from same truck it also had a 460
Ford Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Was it the distributer mounted module or fender? Also what coil did you use?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was a fender. The coil I used was a brand new oilfield Mallory coil it was actually for points and condenser but it is brand new is it okay to use that
Ford Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok it sounds like you have the wrong parts to make this work. You would want the 6 pin 1985-6 coil and you would need to wire the module coil and distributor all together most likely with out using much of the original wiring. You can pull power and ground but the rest dose not work with the original wiring. Here are some diagrams for wiring.