How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Edward Your Own Question
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 4483
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Edward is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Transmission sprout to put transmission fluid in for 07 ford

This answer was rated:

transmission sprout to put transmission fluid in for 07 ford explorer sport trac 4x4 pickup can t find the sprout on top or anywhere side of engine
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: about two month ago oil at masterlube
JA: What year is your Explorer Sport Trac?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport Trac yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: looked for the sprout to put fluid in it runs idile is good
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know where to add the fluid ?

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is Eddie and I will do all I can to help.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

You fill this transmission up from the bottom, there is a plug on the pan, it's like a plug in a plug, the bigger plug you use to drain it, but the center of the plug you use to fill it.

There is a T30 screw in the outter portion of the plug, then there is this tool you screw in, then you use a suction gun to push the new fluid into this tool with a 3/8 piece of fuel line on it. it looks like this. here is the link. I'm sure you can get them at a local auto parts store.

I'm sorry, I can't place a call right at this moment, but another expert may pick it up.

The pan has an outter stem with a plug inside of it, so that tool goes into the stem, then you push the fluid into the transmission with a suction gun and that tool I sent the link for. Click here for the video.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
just need to know where to add and the sprout is located on the engine block?

Your trying to fill the transmission up. You do that from underneath the car. at the transmission drain plug. it's a drain and fill port. click that video link I sent and you will see what I mean.

Edward and 3 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you