Kyle
Kyle, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Expert
108127866

I need the as built data for an escape hybrid transmission,

I need the as built data for an escape hybrid transmission, VIN 1FMCU96H75KC75102
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the Mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Escape Hybrid. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: It is a 2005 Escape hybrid where I swapped the engine and transmission assembly from another vehicle. I am getting a code P1260 in the transmission module
Hi there, ASE Master tech Kyle here to assist you. Just to clarify, What are you asking for?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
After doing an engine and transmission swap on an 05 escape hybrid, it will not start. The code P1260 is stored in the transmission control module, and I believe it is because I need to flash the transmission module to the current VIN
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
After doing an engine and transmission swap on an 05 escape hybrid, it will not start. The code P1260 is stored in the transmission control module, and I believe it is because I need to flash the transmission module to the current VIN. I went to the motorcraft service website to get the as built, but it doesn't list the one for the transmission
OK, Let me look into this situation and ill be right back with you.
This is a theft deterrent code. Have you tried clearing the fault and trying to start the car yet?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes I have. It doesn't go away... It also won't let me into the PATS system to try to reprogram the keys
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is there programming available for the transmission module? I was hoping there might be more information through OASIS, but I haven't had access to that in years.
Let me look into that and see if I can find any information. What type of scanner are you using?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have the autoenginuity scanner with the enhanced software for ford
When you go into transmission does the scanner show any special functions or bi directional control?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It shows a self-test and as-built
Have you tried the self test yet?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes, it doesn't seem to be doing anything tho. I let it run for a few minutes
1. Any time a new transmission is installed, the parameter reset needs to be performed using a factory or equivalent scan tool.

You will need a scanner that is capable of programming. At this point I would suggest finding a local repair shop that is close to you, or there are some local companies that will do programming on site. Especially if you have a no start condition.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful please leave a nice review! Thanks again.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can do programming - I just need to know what parameters to input. Do you have access to that information?
Can you show me what your working with? A picture of the parameters that are needed for input. I have used the factory tool several times and there were no parameters that I needed to input.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Here is a picture of the scan tool screen
Found a video that I think will really help you trying to use your scanner. This is the as built data from the motorcraft site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88eYBpzabtc
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes - I have done that. It doesn't list the transmission module when I get the data. I was hoping a Ford tech would have access to additional information - do you have OASIS access and does it list anything else?
From what I understand you'll need to download the link on the site and then it will be under there. Because my laptop doesnt have the software I cannot access it.