J Hall
J Hall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Instructor at Universal Technical Institute
106273273

My 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac make a whistling noise at

My 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac make a whistling noise at about 70mph. It sounds like it's coming from the drivers side, but I can't be certain of that. It's extremely irritating. I tried putting maskimg tape on the mirrors to seal the seams thinking that might be the source of the noise, but that didn't eliminate it.
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport Trac yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I always take it to the dealer for service. I haven't tried anything other than the masking tape.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No!

Hello, my name is James. You may have a section of the door weather-stripping coming loose or there may be a small rip or tear in it. I saw that you always take your vehicle to the dealer for service, and in this case it might be the best thing you can do. The dealer techs have access to specialized detection equipment that can isolate the cause of the noise. You could also look at the weatherstrip very carefully to see if you can spot any areas where is may have come loose or is damaged in some way. It could also just be severely collapsed from age and dry rot.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks! I'll try that to see of that's the problem.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks! I'll try that to see if that's the problem.

You're welcome. I wish you well. Thank you for using JustAnswer.