Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 ford escape and I can not get it to start. I…

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 ford escape and I can not get it to start. I have just replaced the battery less than a month ago. it clicks over like it wants to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes and they are not corroded.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix myself. We have unhooked the battery and re hooked it up to see if that would do anything. It is my car port and we are unable to even get it in neutral to back it out to try and jump it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

There are no error codes.

10/23/2019
Ford Mechanic: mauricio, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
mauricio
mauricio, Auto Service Technician

Hello my name is***** to hear about your issue, the car crank slow like a weak battery?

We just replaced the battery less than a month ago. All the dash comes on and we can hear clicking but its doesn't sound like its trying to turn over. If that makes sense.

Single click or multiple clicks?

Multiple

You may want to take the battery to Autozone and ask then to check for you, this is the first time happen after you replace the battery?

Sounds like a weak battery, any chance you left the lights on?

No, I had the head lights on the auto option and I didnt have anything on inside.

You may want to check your alternator and make sure is charging. Did you have the battery sign on the dash?

No, no dash light were on and nothing in the info section either.

Also you may need to check for draw in the system, first step is to check the battery and alternator, if the problem happen again you may have a draw in the system, could be a computer or any other modules in the car causing the battery to go dead.

Okay, I will start with those items. Thank you

Do you have any more questions? please rated my answer.

Thanks and good luck.

mauricio
mauricio, Auto Service Technician
Not at this time. thank you