EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Interior blower motor does not work 2005 Ford Focus.

interior blower motor does not work 2005 Ford Focus
JA: How many miles are on the Ford? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: automatic 195,000
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked fuses and wires that go to the blower motor
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: this car just had a major short at the headlight switch with burnt wires. just got done repairing that with used headlight switch got lights working but the blower motor-no good

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will assist you with your vehicle questions today.

Do you have a test light to check for power?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
got 12V at both wires to the blower motor when off turn switch on both wires go negatrive

Have you tried applying power and ground to the blower motor just to verify that it works?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
due to a short in wiring is it likely that an integrated relay module has been damaged and stopped the blower motor

The blower motor uses a resistor to control the speeds. It is possible it is burned out.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I saw a small resistor on firewall area but did not know about it.Can you send me a wiring diagram of the blower motor circuit please? I could probably take it from there

Ok. CLICK HERE for diagram.