Chris Carr
Chris Carr,
Experience:  Tech at TA
103594407

Have been experiencing problem with my fuel gauge for few

hello, good morning
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: have been experiencing problem with my fuel gauge for few days now, the fuel reader used to fluctuate even when my fuel tank is full. but yesterday i discovered that the fuel reader just went to last level and the next thing that shows on my dash board was service emission light.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: the bolbs are all good
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: ford escape 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: actually am not fixing myself, i called somebody to come and have it checked for me, but i just want to have an idea what the problem could be?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that all i know for now

have you done any repairs to the vehicle lately

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
not at all

attempted the phone call, no answer, the gauge reading inaccurate indicates a problem in the fuel send unit, this part is normally faulty for these reason, the emission code is due to the amount of gas inside the tank ,a unit traps the gas fumes and injects them into the intake this occurs when the tank is filled more than half, the fuel level isnt consist with the gauge and the computer is identifying this, please rate me 5 stars, experts are not paid by the site unless they have a positive rating