Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Water falling from the rearview mirror base, at the top of…

Water falling from the...

Water falling from the rearview mirror base, at the top of the windshield during rain showers

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 escape limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Thought it was the drains

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Drains are clear, nothing started until a few months ago

10/26/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
The seal between the windshield glass and the body of the car is probably leaking. You can check this by using your garden hose to run water directly on the seal and watch for it to enter the vehicle. If you have access to an air compressor you can spray the outside of the windshield at the top with soapy water and then blow compressed air from the inside. It will make bubbles where the leak is.
okay
If you find the seal is leaking for sure then a windshield install place can usually reseal it without removing it. They have some liquid that squirts in and fills the voids. It’s ok for small spots but if a large section is leaking then it isn’t a proper repair.
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician