Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 98 ford fairmont i replaced the fuel relay and now…

Customer Question
I have a 98...

I have a 98 ford fairmont i replaced the fuel relay and now it wont turn over it just clicks tried jump starting but still wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

No had to jump start when i bought it drove fine got it home and it wouldnt start found oud a blown fuel fuse under bonnet replaced it now it just clicks wont turn over wondering if i need new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replaced the fuse under the bonnet im a woman so i dont get much help and cant afford a lot of money to fix things

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just want to know why it wont turn ver

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
7/11/2018
Ford Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Do you headlights come on bright?

If not, I'd say you should get a new battery fitted.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards.

Gary