Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 ford ranger....AC question. I have no power at the

pigtail that goes to the...
2001 ford ranger....AC question. I have no power at the pigtail that goes to the AC compressor. Checked all fuses inside and under hood all good. where can i check to see why i have no power. Thanks.
6/30/2018
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

First, you need to make sure the AC system is properly charged in your Ranger. If it is not properly charged, the low side cycle switch and AC pressure cutoff switch will not ground the AC clutch relay to send power to the compressor.

Then check fuse 25 in the engine bay fuse box.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK i am trying to add the proper amount of Freon but it wont take it . so i tried to jump the cycle switch, but there is no power to make it engage .How else can i make the clutch engage to suck in the rest of the Freon?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK that may be the problem...there is no fuse in slot 25....what amp should i use there?

You will have to jump the low side cycle switch and the AC cutoff switch. The will ground the AC clutch relay and send power to the compressor. Or you can go to the AC clutch relay and jump pins 3 and 5. This will send power to the clutch to engage it.

A. Penland
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there are no connectors in slot 25 maybe another fuse location for this. Please send me pic of location of ac relay and pins 3 and 5
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I'm out

Below is the wiring diagram. The AC clutch relay in is the engine bay fuse box. Jump pins 86 and 85 for the AC clutch relay. The number should be on the bottom of the relay next to the pins.