Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car won't start and the engine is ok. No I checked it. 14…

Customer Question
Car won't start and...

Car won't start and the engine is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No I checked it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

14 focus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Neutral start tapping the starter and pressing on the break also jumper cable start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's a beep when I try to start. Beeep bun beeep dun.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2018
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Does the engine crank?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You there?

Yes.

Do you hear a click from the starter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Inside the car there's a a two tone beep that lasts for five to ten seconds beeep dun beeep dun

Ok so the starter clicks, that indicates that the engine is seized. Have you tried turning the engine over by hand with a breaker bar? In park the engine should turn freely.

You can also try jumping the starter solenoid. If the engine cranks when jumping voltage to the solenoid then you know that the starter and engine are ok. This could be a security issue as well.

Try disconnecting the battery cables and holding both cables together away from the battery for 5 mins, then reconnect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'll disconnect the cables now brb

ok