Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wrench shaped" light" came on on my new 2017 f250 ford super…

Wrench shaped "idiot light"...

Wrench shaped "idiot light" came on on my new 2017 f250 ford super duty king ranch truck called salesperson at dealer ship took truck to service immediately service manager said 2 injectors were defective but replacement parts currently backordered expect one month delay in repair. checked internet and myriad sources can ship required Ford parts immediately? All inquiries respond parts must come from Ford parts warehouse yet parts warehouse unable to specify availability of required parts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No truck is at dealership service manager there says 2 injectors are defective and don't respond to electrical impulse when idiot light/message comes on engine runs rough and acceleration is poor. turn off engine restart light goes out and engine runs/performs fine?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not a mechanic and truck is brand new[200 miles on odometer] and under warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No except this isssue is very frustrating

6/30/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The terms of the warranty are very specific both for the owner and the dealer, including that an authorized Ford dealer must perform the work and that only Ford OEM parts can be used. If a dealer uses aftermarket parts for warranty work, they will not be re-imbursed for either the parts or labor by Ford Motor Company and eat the costs.

You can talk to the service manager and the general manager of the dealership to see if they are willing to do this, but unless you are a longtime customer that has bought several vehicles from them and use them exclusively for all repairs, both warranty and non-warranty work, it is doubtful that they would be willing to use aftermarket parts and eat the cost of this repair.

The only other option would be to see if they would be willing to take the injectors off another vehicle sitting on the lot.

I wish I could give you better alternatives, but those are the only 2

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Want to cancel how?

I will have customer service contact you on that as experts dont see the customer facing side