Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My engine light is on. I was told it was the gas but it has…

Customer Question
My engine light is...

My engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

I was told it was the gas but it has been two weeks now If they ran a diganoistic test the mechanic didnt tell me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2o13 Ford Fusion Titanium

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fusion?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taken it to the mechanic three times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Our ford dealer doesn't have an appointment available until July 5

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
6/30/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Hi there! My name is Mike. The site will be promoting a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Is the car running normally even with the light on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have trouble after getting gas and starting the car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want a call and I don't like this plateform. I am sorry I spent $5 to get there. Please cancel my whatever it is

Ok

This is usually an issue with the purge control solenoid. What happens is it sticks open and allows the fuel vapors to go into the intake. This essentially is flooding the car, the reason it's hard to start.

Try holding the gas pedal to the floor when you start it after you fill it up. You do not have to have the ford dealer repair the car, most shops can do it for you.

It is safe to drive, just remember to hold it to the floor when you start it if you are more comfortable with the dealer fixing it for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Can you tell me if my first line where I say the site is promoting the phone call and I will let you know if it's necessary shows up?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to be any part of this and please refund my 5 dollars
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cancel me at this time please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please respond to let me know you understand
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You do not want me to rate this experience as I think you should have said there was more money requested once you sign in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I do not see a response how do I ensure you cancelled me