Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Check engine light and error code P0125. Stays on. 02

Customer Question
Check engine light and...

Check engine light and error code P0125

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

02 explorer sport trac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to find out if it's something easy to do myself

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need. The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I'll let you know if it's needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. need to know if it's easy enough for me to fix myself.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
coolant level is fine btw

The common cause for the code P0125 to set on your 2002 is usually due to a stuck open thermostat which causes the engine temp to run too low and not reach normal operating temp. If your temperature is reading low then replacing the thermostat should solve this for you. Changing the thermostat is something that you should be able to do. See the steps to do it in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77botfm5c2164fl/thermo%20Jun%2029.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.