Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Yesterday my check engine light came on, had it scanned and…

Hey Chris, Yesterday my...

Hey Chris, Yesterday my check engine light came on , had it scanned and popped a P0430 code 01/02 and 02/02. I have replaced the oxygen sensors on both bank above the cat but havent change the bottom 2.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on steve

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Ford?

It is 2012 f150 lariat with 3.5 ecoboost

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do when I can, I have replaced the oxygen sensors above the cat on both side within the last 6 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think thats about it

6/29/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I'll let you know if it's needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks Ron

Ford has released a service bulletin dealing with this code for the bank one catalytic converter reading below efficiency along with various other issues you may or may not have that calls for reprogramming the PCM (computer) . The code P0430 setting is included in the programming. I have enclosed the service bulletin for your review in the link below as it likely applies to the code you are getting and reprogramming the computer should solve this code for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2zzmp6d9xg5g5i/Cal%20update%20Jun%2029.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Ron I will look into this and hopefully thats all it is and not a full replacement of the cats

This bulletin is supposed to solve this for you and that would be the correct next step. Thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician