Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 fusion titanium, worked fine for the most part

2015 fusion titanium, worked...

2015 fusion titanium, worked fine for the most part yesterday. after I got home from work, my wife took it out. After she got home, the lights would not go out, and Sync looked like it was doing some sort of self-update/maintenance. I managed to get everything turned off, but did not try to start it. This morning it is dead. Tried jumping it and that won't work. Keyless start, so tried pushing the break in while pressing the accelerator, which doesn't work. Starter or alternator, maybe?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

It has been recently replaced. Let me go try the other one and I will get back with you. One moment...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried the other fob. The car seems completely dead and there is now some sort of rapid, faint clicking noise coming from under the hood.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that should do it.

6/29/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Hi there! My name is Mike. The site will be promoting a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

This actually sounds like a battery issue, but I can't be sure if the battery is dead because of last nights issue or if the battery caused the issue from last night. The rapid clicking usually indicates a battery issue. I would try the jump start again, only let the donor car stay on it 15 minutes before you attempt to start the engine. Also, make sure the donor cars engine sort of loads so you know you have a good connection.

Try this and let me know.

If it does start, I would get it right to a parts store and have the battery tested as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** try again jumping it with the donor running for 15 minutes first. Will you be available within the next half hour if that does not work?

Yes, I will be here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, thanks. Donor is running now, will let you know if 15 minutes what's up.

Sounds good. This might be something more, but we really have to start with the battery, and if its original, it's about that time when it could fail.

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The car is running. Thanks for your help, you're getting five stars.

Great news, now go get the battery tested. The parts stores will check it out for free.

Thank you for the rating!