Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Working on a 2001 Ford F2 50 super duty 7.3 L. AC compressor

Working on a 2001 Ford F2 50 super duty 7.3 L.
AC compressor blows cold for about 20 or 30 minutes and then stops blowing cold. We recovered the system and recharged itWith 2.63 pounds of pressure it looks like there is a spec for auxiliary and without auxiliary air conditioning how can we tell this. We also change the orifice tube and it had metal shavings in it. Please advise on troubleshooting

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If this is an F250 Pick up truck then it dose not have aux AC and the factory specs for the freon calls for 40 ounces of R 134A freon. How much freon do you have in it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2.4 pounds I believe is what was listed on the sticker under the hood it blows real cold for a while and then cuts off. I’m thinking we should hook a test light to the power connector and see if we lose power after while or if it just stops blowing cold

I would connect a voltmeter to the clutch connector and see if the power remains when the clutch kicks out. 2001s had known issues with the clutch file coil heating up and that causes the clutch to kick off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did that and that was the problem. We replaced the compressor and we are good

Very glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.