Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Previously my2002 f150 all wheel drive ford would pull to…

Customer Question
Previously my2002 f150 all...

Previously my2002 f150 all wheel drive ford would pull to the left when braking. Tonight i hit a bump and now it makes a scraping noise unless I put on the brake. When I backed up turning the wheel and it got as far as it would turn sharp it made a clunk sound when I hit the brake. Now I'm scared to drive it anywhere.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

I have power steering. I just ahd a pressure replaced and a brake caliper replaced at the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it repaired at an auto shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I drive at speeds of 70km and 100km the truck will shake until I pass those speeds

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
6/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Which brake caliper was replaced?

When it pulls to the left does the steering wheel turn or does it feel like the rear of the truck is no longer following the front of the truck?