Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Descent control fault, service advancetrac, and the wrench…

Customer Question
Hill descent control fault...

Hill descent control fault, service advancetrac, and the wrench for power train, and tire pressure all show up on the dash. 2014 ford f350 superduty

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?

The tire pressure symbol only came on once

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has been in the ford dealership shop twice and they can not find the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When it does this and I turn off the truck it will not start up until the fault clears on the dash

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Ford
6/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 24 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Has the dealership done any repairs for this?

Did they find any stored codes in any modules?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No codes found, I have noticed 2 times that if I am parked with the emergency brake on and am getting the messages on the dash and release the emergency brake real hard the messages go away on the dash. Also if the messages are on the dash and I turn the truck off it will not turn over to try to start it

I believe based on all you have said. These are false warnings being caused by an internal failure inside the instrument cluster. I recommend checking all cluster wires and connectors and replace and program refurbished cluster into the vehicle.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 19 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris