Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

WHEN IT'S HOT OUT IT SEEMS TO NOT BLOW AS COLD. F150 XLT…

Customer Question
WHEN IT'S HOT OUT...

WHEN IT'S HOT OUT IT SEEMS TO NOT BLOW AS COLD

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F150 XLT 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES N/A I WAS GOING TO POWER WASH THE RADIATOR

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator?

223.00 a new one was put in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sorry 223.000

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2018
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The first thing to check is if there is any debris in front of the radiator or in between the radiator and condenser. Lack of air flow through these will cause this issue here. If this is o.k. I don't recommend power washing the radiator as this can bend the fins on it which will block air flow.

If this is all o.k. then next you need to have the ac pressures tested to see if you have to high of pressure when hot which can indicate an ac overcharge or too low of pressure which can indicate not enough freon in the ac system which usually indicates an ac component is leaking needing to be checked over to locate and repair the leak then recharge the ac system again.

Make sure the cooling fan is also operating properly. If it is not engaging like it should this can cause air flow issues through the ac condenser which will also cause this fault here.

All of these need to be checked into to then locate and resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete